Are We the Perfect Match? Are you seeking full time, long term employment? Would you like work that's immediately gratifying AND makes the lives of others a whole lot more wonderful? Look no further!
• are available for work starting at 8am- either Monday-Friday or Tuesday-Saturday
• have a reliable car, car insurance, and a valid driver's license
• are comfortable driving to 2-3 client homes per day and working independently most of the time, as well as in teams
• are by nature efficient, organized, detailed, focused and proactive
• honestly enjoy cleaning
• can speak, read, and write English
• are able to provide 2-3 professional references
• have a history of staying with a job for a year or longer
• offer excellent, hands-on, paid training
• provide top of the line equipment and earth friendly products
• have a fun, supportive atmosphere with stable and effective management
• are independently owned and family operated
• live by the "your-thoughts-and-ideas-matter-here", non-corporate approach to doing business
• go above and beyond minimum wage, and get paid on our team member MORE than just a living wage. We offer full time hours, and you are paid as an independent contractor so you can deduct expenses and keep more of your income as well as have pride of building something yourself but your never alone.
• Our intensive 5-6 week training program pays $13-$14/hour for all cleaning hours, you will be working with a team lead for training .. together and also alone with a check on quality and with any questions you may have
• After training, pay jumps to $15/hour full time! And that's just the hourly pay, not including , tips, bonuses, etc.
• Our vacation days are 2 weeks per year taken maximum 7 days per vacation we just need a 30 day notice to cover your clients
MJ Legacy Clean is one of the greater Chicago area's highest rated companies for quality and customer satisfaction.
Be part of a winning team of cleaning experts, have fun working independently or with a partner, and find out what it's like to have a leadership team who knows who you are and cares that you are happy and fulfilled in your work.
If you like hard work and thrive in an upbeat, supportive environment, you will simply love it here. Our one-on-one training program will equip you with every skill you need to succeed in your cleaning business. So long as you apply yourself and focus on your successes, our systems will guide you through seamlessly.
We are not looking for employees who want a job. We are looking for team members who want THIS career to succeed. A great company can only be built by great people who are committed to their own success and to the success of the company. Your contributions count here and your unique abilities are noticed.We hire from within the company for all field positions which include Team Leader and Trainer. We also hire from within for office positions including Quality Assurance Supervisor.
Along the way enjoy all the great benefits we provide which are designed to support you and give you more of what's important in your life.
So, what is important? Well, money is important…
Pay and Benefits:
Detailed Pay Scale
Rank 1 part time: Averaged 15 to 24 cleaning hrs worked per week during pay period $13 per hour
Rank 2 part time: Averaged 25 to 31 cleaning hrs worked per week during pay period $14 per hour
Rank 3 Full time: Averaged 32 to 40 cleaning hrs worked per week during pay period $15 per hour
Phase 1: Supervised Training (weeks 1-2)$13.00 per hour $13.00 per hour $13.00 per hour
Phase 2: Unsupervised Training (weeks 3-5)$14.00 per hour $14.00 per hour $14.00 per hour
phase 3: Developed account serviced 15.00 per cleaning hour
Tips from happy clients Yes
Leadership Cleaner Roles: Trainer, Team Leader, Quality Assurance Provider
What is a normal work day like?
Our work days are primarily spent providing ongoing maintenance cleanings for our clients . We have a 100's of clients in the throughout the city & suburbs around Hinsdale, Oakbrook, etc. as well. After training, our cleaners work solo-style most of the time. We use a tracking system via smart phone to give us a unique quality check done with self supervision. Occasionally we team up for bigger cleaning jobs, so expect to clean alongside your co-workers several times per week. All our cleaners work full time. We drive directly to the first client's home in the morning, complete 2-3 cleanings, and then are done for the day. Most homes we clean range between 2.5-4 hours per house, or you may have a day with just 2 bigger cleanings that range between 3-5 hours per house. We have a team lead weekly meet to get your new supplies, and to share ideas, brainstorm problems,
Do you guarantee my hours?
our team members never have to worry about not getting a full schedule. We also provide additional work for any openings in your schedule with tasks such as office work or special projects/errands. Technically, the hours are not "guaranteed", but we are a thriving business and typically have more work than we need!
What if I have car troubles during my employment?
Our cleaners still work their normal schedules even if they have car problems. How do they do this? MJ Clean reimburses $25 per day of their rental car costs for up to 5 business days while their car is in the shop, so long as they work their normal schedule.
Will I be an employee, or an independent contractor?
There are no licensing requirements for our staff. Our company pays for and provides all top-of-the-line cleaning supplies and equipment. We always pay you on time, every weeks.Our team members have many benefits associated with being an independent contractor. You can speak with an accountant but the best tax advantage is having a small business, and the cleaning business is a great business. You will need to be responsible for your equipment and caring for your towels each day. We do require a 300 deposit for security on equipment and pay this is taken over a period of time. Will I get to clean for the same clients on an ongoing basis?
Yes, for the most part. We set up your schedule with primarily on-going clients who are on a regular cleaning schedule and who live relatively close to one another so your drive time is minimized. You will also have opportunities to do initial cleanings for new clients who may then become your regular on-going client. Our clients and cleaners like to get to know one another and appreciate as much consistency and routine as possible. However, you will also do some occasional and one-time cleanings.
What if I have allergies, sensitivities to cleaning products, or back problems?
If you know that you are allergic to pets, dust or cleaning products this job may not be a good fit for you. Our on-going cleanings are done using non-toxic products, however, some sensitivities are extreme enough that even non-toxic cleaning may be a problem. We do not suggest house cleaning as a good line of employment for people who have suffered previous back injuries or who are prone to back problems. Some employees have been able to have successful long term employment in house cleaning using doctor prescribed allergy medication to offset pet allergies and people with back issues have had some relief with the use of a back support belt. Your health and well being are of the utmost importance, however, so we suggest employment that does not complicate existing health issues.